GRANT CHALLENGE WINNERS
The students at Northwest Elementary have been chosen as a Come Together Game Changer Grant Challenge recipient for their “Our Wishes and Hopes for You” project. Through this project, the students created a book with positive quotes, pictures and stories for the students and families of Sandy Hook Elementary. This project was an opportunity for the students to understand how easy it is to serve the needs of others.
Athens Youth Advisory Committee
The Athens Youth Advisory Committee has been chosen as a Come Together Game Changer Grant Challenge recipient for their recycling program. Through this program students purchased recycling bins that they will monitor the use of and determine if a location change is necessary if more public information is needed. The main objective of this program is to encourage and promote recycling in the community, starting at the school level. The community will benefit as everyone begins to think about where waste goes and how it affects their lives and environment.
Come Together Game Changers ProgramGame Changers are the everyday people making a difference within their communities through service, leadership and volunteerism. Through the Come Together Game Changers program, the Detroit Pistons are recognizing and rewarding these unsung heroes throughout the state of Michigan. After being nominated by fellow community members, friends, or family, selected Game Changers will be eligible to receive a complimentary Pistons game experience. One outstanding Game Changer will be gifted a 2013 Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition at the 2nd annual Come Together Celebration.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
Anyone making a positive impact within their communities who live in Michigan!
Nominees must be at least 13 years of age.
How do I nominate someone?
- Go to www.pistons.com/gamechangers and click “Nominate Now”
- Complete all required contact info for you and your nominees. Required fields are marked with asterisks.
- Tips: When nominating an individual, be sure to explain in your own words how the person’s work has made a positive impact in the community.
- What is it about him/her that stands out?
- How has their work made a difference in your community?
- Please share any additional information about your nominee that reflects the work they do in the community (photos, articles, website links, videos, etc.) (max of three). These can be e-mailed to email@example.com
- Please don’t nominate yourself
Selected individuals and groups will be contacted by the Community Relations Department. Please do not call to inquire about the status of your nomination.