The Denver Nuggets Dancers & Cherry Creek Dance bring you the 2015-2016 DND Juniors!
The DND Juniors program includes:
The option of 1 or 2 sessions: September – December and/or January – April
Each session includes:
- 3 routines choreographed by the Denver Nuggets Dancers
- 2-hour dance clinics, two scheduled prior to each performance
- Technique and performance instruction from the Denver Nuggets Dancers
- Small class sizes (classes split by age)
- Pre-game and halftime performances at 3 Denver Nuggets home games per session
- 2 tickets to 3 home game performances (one for performer, one for parent/guardian)
- DND Juniors uniform & pom-poms
- There is NO AUDITION required to take part in the DND Juniors program.
- All ability levels
- Girls ages 5-8
- 2 classes, split by age level: 5-6 year olds and 7-8 year olds
- All ability levels
- Girls ages 9-18
- 3 classes, split by age level: 9-11 year olds, 12-14 year olds, and 15-18 year olds
- Intermediate/Advanced level
- Girls ages 9-18
- By audition only
- Advanced level
- Girls ages 12-18
- By audition only
DND Juniors participation requirements:
- All applicants must be at least 5 years old by October 15, 2015 and must be no older than 18 on April 5, 2016. No exceptions.
- Proof of age is required to participate. You must provide a copy of your birth certificate or driver’s license (for dancers over 16) at registration.
- A parent/ legal guardian must complete a DND Juniors Application, a Medical Release Form, and a Waiver & Liability Release Form.
DND Juniors Elite auditions:
Auditions for the Winter/Spring Session DND Juniors Protégés and Elite team will be held at Cherry Creek Dance Studio (2625 E. 3rd Ave. Denver) on Sunday, January 17 from 1-2:30pm. All dancers interested in auditioning must be a registered participant of the Winter/Spring 2016 DND Juniors and be between the ages of 9 and 18 years old as of January 16, 2016.
Dancers will be evaluated on dance technique, ability to learn and execute the across the floor combinations and choreography, performance ability, and positive attitude. The following specifics will be evaluated in the across the floor portion of the audition:
- jazz walks
- double and triple pirouettes
- fouette turns
- turns in 2nd
- high kicks
- leaps including right, left, center, and switch
- turning leaps
The audition material will be taught at the audition workshop on Saturday, January 16 from 3:30-5pm. The cost of the audition, including the audition workshop, is $20. To register your junior dancer for the Audition and Audition Workshop, please email Dance Team Manager Amy Jo Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303)405-1206.
DND Juniors performances (subject to change):
The DND Juniors will perform at 3 games in the Fall/Winter Session and 3 games in the Winter/Spring session.
Fall/Winter Session Performances:
- Thursday, November 5 Nuggets vs. Utah Jazz – 7pm Tip-Off (PRE-GAME PERFORMANCE)
- Friday, December 11 Nuggets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves – 7pm Tip-Off (PRE-GAME PERFORMANCE)
- Sunday, January 10 Nuggets vs. Charlotte Hornets – 6pm Tip-Off (HALF-TIME PERFORMANCE)
Winter/Spring Session Performances:
- Monday, February 1 Nuggets vs. Toronto Raptors – 7pm Tip-Off (PRE-GAME PERFORMANCE)
- Sunday, March 6 Nuggets vs. Dallas Mavericks– 3pm Tip-Off (PERFORMANCE TIME TBD)
- Tuesday, April 5 Nuggets vs. OKC Thunder – 7pm Tip-Off (HALF-TIME PERFORMANCE)
DND Juniors practice schedule:
Dance Clinics will be held approximately twice per month on Sundays. Any dancer missing the last rehearsal prior to a home game will not be allowed to perform.
Fall/Winter Session Dance Clinics:
- October 18
- November 1
- November 15
- December 6
- December 20
- January 10
Winter/Spring Session Dance Clinics:
- January 24
- January 31
- February 14
- February 28
- March 20
- April 3
Dance Clinic times:
- Minis: 10:30am-12:30pm
- Juniors: 12:45pm-2:45pm
- Proteges: 12:45pm-2:45pm
- Elite: 12:45pm-2:45pm
- Practice dates/times are subject to change.
DND Juniors fees:
- Registration Fee : $25
- Uniform Fee (includes poms and tank/skirt): $150
- Tuition - $200 per session ($100 due at first clinic; second $100 payment due before 1st performance)
- Total program cost is $375 for 1 session or $555* for both sessions.
*Dancers interested in taking both sessions of the program will receive a 5% tuition discount. Discount will be taken off of last tuition payment.
DND Juniors uniforms and additional attire:
The DND Juniors uniform is a racerback tank and skirt combo, custom made for each junior dancer. Multiple sizes are available in both the top and bottom to ensure a perfect fit for any body type. The 2015-16 DND Juniors will use the same uniform design as the 2014-15 program participants. If your uniform from last season still fits and is good condition, no uniform fitting or fee will be necessary!
All NEW DND Juniors participants registering for the Winter/Spring 2016 session, and any returning junior dancer who has outgrown her uniform from last year, must attend a uniform fitting at Cherry Creek Dance on Sunday, December 20 or Saturday, January 2. Additional dance items (including warm-ups, tees, tanks, tote bags, shoes, and tights) will be available for purchase at the uniform fittings. All fees are due at the time of purchase. Credit cards, cash and checks will be accepted. To sign up for your fitting time please email the program director, Amy Jo Wagner at email@example.com.
Available fitting times are:
- Saturday, January 2 9-9:30am
- Saturday, January 2 9:30-10am
- Saturday, January 2 10-10:30am
- Saturday, January 2 10:30-11am
- Saturday, January 2 3:30-4pm
- Saturday, January 2 4-4:30pm
- Saturday, January 2 4:30-5pm
- Saturday, January 2 5-5:30pm
- Sunday, December 20 11-11:30am
- Sunday, December 20 11:30am-Noon
- Sunday, December 20 Noon-12:30pm
- Sunday, December 20 1-1:30pm
- Sunday, December 20 1:30-2pm
- Sunday, December 20 2-2:30pm
Please arrive during your scheduled fitting time. The uniform fittings will take approximately 10 minutes to complete and is done on a first come first serve basis during your scheduled ½ hour.If you arrive after your scheduled time, you may be asked to reschedule your uniform fitting on Sunday January 3.
What style of dance will the DND Juniors perform? They will perform routines similar in style to the Nuggets Dancers routines; a combination of hip hop, jazz, and character.
What is the time commitment? Each session of the DND Juniors program is a 3 month commitment: October 18 through January 10 or January 24 through April 5. Participants will need to be available for 2-hour dance clinics approx. twice per month and for 3 performances at Denver Nuggets home games. The DND Juniors will need to be at Pepsi Center from approximately 5:45-7pm for pre-game performances and from 7:15- 8:45pm on halftime performance nights.
How do I register? Complete the online registration form here . Once you have submitted your registration form, you will be linked to our online payment form. Participants may choose to pay just the $25 registration form or pay the full $200 session tuition. Participants paying the full $200 tuition payment will not be charged the $25 registration fee. The $200 tuition covers the cost of dance clinics and tickets to 3 home game performances (2 upper level tickets per game). Addition tickets may be purchase by contacting Alexa Carpenter at (303) 405 – 1196 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a deadline for registration? Yes. Applications for the Fall/Winter Session are due by noon on Friday, October 2. Late registrations will be accepted through Friday, October 9, 2015 for an additional fee of $100 (Total due at registration is $125, which covers program registration fee and the cost of processing, rush uniform order, and overnight shipping charges).
Applications for the Winter/Spring Session are due by noon on Thursday, December 31, 2015. Late registrations will be accepted through Friday, January 8, 2016 for an additional fee of $100 (Total due at registration is $125, which covers program registration fee and the cost of processing, rush uniform order, and overnight shipping charges).
Can I purchase additional tickets? Yes. Contact Alexa Carpenter at (303) 405-1196 to purchase additional tickets for friends and family.
Who will instruct the weekly dance classes? Members of the 2015-2016 Nuggets Dancers and DND Alumni will choreograph and teach each class.
When do the rehearsals take place? Rehearsals for the Winter/Spring Session will take place on Sundays, beginning January 24, 2016. The Minis practice from 10:30am-12:30pm. The Juniors, Protégés and Elite dancers will rehearse from 12:45-2:45pm.
Where are the rehearsals held? Rehearsals will be held at Cherry Creek Dance. Cherry Creek Dance is located at 3rd & Clayton in Cherry Creek North.
Can I stay and watch the rehearsals? Due to limited space in the dance studio, family members are not able to stay in the classroom. A viewing room is available in the lower level of Cherry Creek Dance.
For additional questions, please contact program director program director Amy Jo Wagner at email@example.com or by calling (303)405-1206.