2016-17 DND Juniors Dance Program
The DND Juniors program includes:
The option of 1 or 2 sessions: September – December and/or January – April
Each session includes:
- 3 routines choreographed by the Denver Nuggets Dancers
- 2-hour dance clinics, two scheduled prior to each performance
- Technique and performance instruction from the Denver Nuggets Dancers
- Small class sizes (classes split by age)
- Pre-game and halftime performances at 3 Denver Nuggets home games per session
- 2 tickets to 3 home game performances (one for performer, one for parent/guardian)
- DND Juniors uniform & pom-poms
- DND Juniors Warm-Ups, Practice Tee, & Hair Bow
- There is NO AUDITION required to take part in the DND Juniors program.
- All ability levels
- Girls ages 5-8
- 2 classes, split by age: 5-6 year olds and 7-8 year olds
- All ability levels
- Girls ages 9-14
- 2 classes, split by age: 9-11 year olds and 12-14 year olds
DND Juniors participation requirements:
- All applicants must be at least 5 years old by October 15, 2016 and must be no older than 14 on April 15, 2017. No exceptions.
- Proof of age is required to participate. You must provide a copy of your birth certificate at registration.
- A parent/ legal guardian must complete a DND Juniors Application, a Medical Release Form, and a Waiver & Liability Release Form.
Questions? Please email Dance Team Manager Amy Jo Wagner at AJ.Wagner@TeamKSE.com or call (303)405-1206.
DND Juniors performances:
The DND Juniors will perform at 3 games in the Fall/Winter Session and 3 games in the Winter/Spring session. Updates will be emailed and posted as soon as possible!
Fall/Winter Session Performances:
- Wednesday, November 16 Nuggets vs. Phoenix Suns – 7pm Tip-Off (HALFTIMEPerformance)
- Saturday, December 17 Nuggets vs. New York Knicks – 7pm Tip-Off (PRE-GAME Performance)
- Saturday, January 21 Nuggets vs. LA Clippers – 7pm Tip-Off (HALFTIME Performance & Private Autograph Session with the DND!)
Winter/Spring Session Performances:
- Wednesday, February 15 Nuggets vs. Minnsota Timberwolves – 7pm Tip-Off (PRE-GAME Performance)
- Thursday, March 16 Nuggets vs. LA Clippers - 7pm Tip-Off (PRE-GAME Performance)
- Friday, April 7 Nuggets vs. Pelicans - 7pm Tip-Off (HALFTIME Performance)
The DND Juniors rehearse at Cherry Creek Dance, approximately twice per month on Sundays. Two Dance Clinics per performance will be scheduled. Updates will be emailed and posted as soon as possible!
Fall/Winter Session Dance Clinics:
- November 6 and 13
- December 4 and 11
- January 8 and 15
Winter/Spring Session Dance Clinics:
- February 5 and 12
- March 5, 12 and 26
- April 2
Dance Clinic times*:
- Minis: 10:30am-12:30pm
- Juniors: 12:45pm-2:45pm
*Practice dates/times are subject to change.
DND Juniors fees:
- Registration Fee: $25 (Waived if Tuition is paid in full at time of registration)
- Uniform Fee:$199 (Includes uniform, warm-ups, and hair bow)
- Practice Gear: $45* (Includes Poms and Practice Tee; due at uniform fitting)
- Tuition - $198 per session ($99 due at first clinic; second $99 payment due before 1st performance)
- Total program cost is $467 for 1 session or $645.20** for both sessions.
*2014-15 and 2015-16 DND Juniors participants do not need to purchase new poms unless a new pair is needed. Also, if you purchased the DND Juniors 2015-16 tank, you do not need to purchase the 2016-17 practice tee. **Dancers interested in taking both sessions of the program will receive a 5% tuition discount. The discount will be taken off of the final tuition payment.
DND Juniors uniforms and additional attire:
The DND Juniors uniform is being re-designed! Multiple sizes will be available in our new short-sleeve dress to ensure a perfect fit for any body type.
All DND Juniors participants must attend a uniform fitting at Cherry Creek Dance (DATES TBD). Additional dance items (including tees, tanks, tote bags, shoes, tights, and briefs) will be available at the uniform fittings. Uniform and Practice Gear fees are due at the time of fitting. Credit cards, cash and checks will be accepted. To sign up for your fitting time please email the program director Amy Jo Wagner at AJ.Wagner@TeamKSE.com.
Available Uniform Fitting Times are:
Saturday September 10 at Pepsi Center:
Sunday, September 11 at Cherry Creek Dance:
Sunday, October 16 at Cherry Creek Dance:
The uniform fittings will take approximately 15 minutes to complete and are done on a first come first serve basis. Please contact Amy Jo Wagner at AJ.Wagner@TeamKSE.com.
What style of dance will the DND Juniors perform? They will perform routines similar in style to the Nuggets Dancers routines; a combination of hip hop, jazz, and pom.
What is the time commitment? Each session of the DND Juniors program is a 3 month commitment: September through December or January through April. Participants will need to be available for 2-hour dance clinics approx. twice per month and for 3 performances at Denver Nuggets home games. Although the performance schedule has yet to be finalized, the DND Juniors will need to be at Pepsi Center from approximately 5:45-7pm for pre-game performances and from 7:15- 8:45pm on halftime performance nights.
How do I register? Complete the online registration form at: https://www.ksetix.com/nuggets/dndjuniors/registration/. Participants may choose to pay just the $25 registration form or pay the full $198 session tuition. Participants paying the full $198 tuition payment will not be charged the $25 registration fee. The $198 tuition covers the cost of dance clinics and tickets to 3 home game performances (2 upper level corner tickets per game). Additional tickets may be purchase by contacting Alexa Carpenter at (303) 405 – 1196 or Alexa.Carpenter@TeamKSE.com.
Is there a deadline for registration? Yes. Applications for the Fall/Winter Session are due by noon on Friday, Sept. 9. Late registrations will be accepted through Friday, September 16, 2016 for an additional fee of $75 (Total due at registration is $299, which covers the program registration fee, uniform fee and the cost of processing, rush uniform order, and overnight shipping charges).
Applications for the Winter/Spring Session are due by noon on Friday, December 30, 2016. Late registrations will be accepted through Friday, January 6, 2017 for an additional fee.
Can I upgrade the tickets that are included in the program cost? Yes. To upgrade or purchase additional tickets for friends and family, please contact Alexa Carpenter at (303) 405-1196.
Who will instruct the weekly dance classes? Members of the 2016-2017 Nuggets Dancers and DND Alumni will choreograph and teach each class.
When do the rehearsals take place? Rehearsals take place on Sundays, exact dates TBD. The Minis practice from 10:30am-12:30pm and Juniors rehearse from 12:45-2:45pm.
Where are the rehearsals held? Rehearsals will be held at Cherry Creek Dance. Cherry Creek Dance is located at 3rd & Clayton in Cherry Creek North.
Can I stay and watch the rehearsals? Due to limited space in the dance studio, family members are not able to stay in the classroom. A viewing room is available in the lower level of Cherry Creek Dance.
For additional questions, please contact program director program director Amy Jo Wagner at AJ.Wagner@TeamKSE.com or by calling (303)405-1206.