The Denver Nuggets Dancers & Cherry Creek Dance bring you the 2014-2015 DND Juniors!
The DND Juniors program promotes teamwork, builds self-esteem, and develops self confidence in young dancers. Female participants, ages 5-18, will train with current members of the Denver Nuggets Dancers and will perform at 6 Denver Nuggets home game throughout the 2014-15 season.
Look what’s new this season!
- LOWER COST! Monthly tuition is just $65 per month
- 2 sessions to choose from: September – December and/or January – April
- 2 hour dance clinics, twice per month
- NEW Uniform—tank & skirt custom made for each participant!
- Pre-game and halftime performances at 6 Denver Nuggets home games (3 per session)
- New DND Juniors program director: Stephanie Prosenjak, Cherry Creek Dance
The DND Juniors program includes:
The option of 1 or 2 sessions: September – December and/or January – April
Each 4-month session includes:
- 3 routines choreographed by the Denver Nuggets Dancers
- 2-hour dance clinics, two Sundays per month
- Technique and performance instruction from the Denver Nuggets Dancers
- Small class sizes (classes split by age/skill level)
- Pre-game and halftime performances at 3 Denver Nuggets home games per session
- 2 tickets to 3 home game performances (one for performer, one for parent/guardian)
- DVD including in-game footage of all DND Juniors performances
- DND Juniors uniform & pom-poms
- There is NO AUDITION required to take part in the DND Juniors program.
- Beginning & Intermediate levels
- Girls ages 5-8
- 2 classes, split by age level: 5-6 year olds and 7-8 year olds
- Beginning & Intermediate levels
- Girls ages 9-18
- 3 classes, split by age level: 9-11 year olds, 12-14 year olds, and 15-18 year olds
- Advanced level
- Girls ages 12-18
- By audition only
DND Juniors participation requirements:
- All applicants must be at least 5 years old by September 1, 2014 and must be no older than 18 on April 15, 2015. No exceptions.
- Proof of age is required to participate. You must provide a copy of your birth certificate or driver’s license (for dancers over 16) at registration.
- A resume listing dance training, performance experience, and special talents.
- A parent/ legal guardian must complete a DND Juniors Application, a Medical Release Form, and a Waiver & Liability Release Form.
DND Juniors Elite auditions:
Auditions for the fall Session DND Juniors Elite team will be held on Saturday, September 6th at Cherry Creek Dance Studio (2625 E. 3rd Ave. Denver). All dancers interested in auditioning must be a registered participant of the Fall 2014 DND Juniors and between the ages of 12 and 18 years old as of September 1, 2014. For more info see “How Do I Register?” in the FAQs.
Dancers will be evaluated on dance technique, ability to learn and execute the across the floor combinations and choreography, performance ability, and positive attitude. The following specifics will be evaluated in the across the floor portion of the audition:
- jazz walks
- double and triple pirouettes
- fouette turns
- turns in 2nd
- high kicks
- leaps including right, left, center, and switch
- turning leaps
The audition material will be taught at the audition workshop on Saturday Sept. 6th from 12:00-1:30pm. Participants will then be given a 45 minute break before the audition. The audition will be from 2:15-3:30.
The cost of the DND Juniors Elite audition, including the audition workshop, is $35. Please email program director Stephanie Prosenjak at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
DND Juniors performances (subject to change):
Fall Session Performances:
- Monday, November 3
- Friday, November 21
- Wednesday, December 10
Winter Session Performances:
- Sunday, January 25
- Monday, February 23
- Wednesday, March 11
DND Juniors practice schedule:
Practices will be held twice per month on Sundays. Any dancer missing the last rehearsal prior to a home game will not be allowed to perform.
Fall session practice dates:
- September 7 and 21
- October 5 and 19
- November 2, 16 and 30
- December 7
Winter Session practice dates:
- January 11 and 25
- February 8 and 22
- March 1 and 8
- April - TBD
- Minis: 10:30am-12:30pm
- Juniors: 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Elite: 10:30am-12:30pm
- Practice dates/times are subject to change.
DND Juniors fees:
- Registration /uniform Fee - $150
- Tuition - $65/month, due on the first of each month
- Total program cost is $410/session, or $644* for both sessions.
*Dancers interested in taking both sessions of the program will receive a 5% tuition discount. The discount will be taken off of monthly tuition.
DND Juniors uniforms and additional attire:
All participants in the Fall 2014 DND Junior program must attend a uniform fitting on either August 9th or August 23rd. All fittings will be done at Cherry Creek Dance. To sign up for your fitting time please email the program director, Stephanie Prosenjak at email@example.com.
What style of dance will the DND Juniors perform? They will perform routines similar in style to the Nuggets Dancers routines; a combination of hip hop, jazz, and character.
What is the time commitment? Each session of the DND Juniors program is a 4 month commitment: September through December or January through April. Participants will need to be available for 2-hour dance clinics twice per month and for 3 performances at Denver Nuggets home games. Although the performance schedule has yet to be finalized, the DND Juniors will need to be at Pepsi Center from approximately 5:45-7pm for pre-game performances and from 7:15- 8:45pm on halftime performance nights.
How do I register? Download and complete the DND Juniors application. Mail completed application, signed waiver & liability release form, medical release form, copy of dancer’s birth certificate, dancer’s resume, and registration fee ($150 – please make checks payable to Cherry Creek Dance) to:
Cherry Creek Dance
Attn: DND Juniors Program
2625 E. 3rd Ave.
Denver, CO 80206
Use these links to sign up online:
- Minis - Session 1
- Minis - Session 2
- Juniors - Session 1
- Juniors - Session 2
- Elite - Session 1
- Elite - Session 2
Is there a deadline for registration? Yes. Applications for the Fall Session are due by Friday, August 29. Late registrations will be accepted through September 7, 2014 for an additional fee of $100 (Total due at registration is $250. Additional fee covers the cost of processing, rush uniform order, and overnight shipping charges).
Can I purchase additional tickets? Yes. Contact Ellese Gold at (303) 405-1679 to purchase additional tickets for friends and family.
Who will instruct the weekly dance classes? Members of the 2014-2015 Nuggets Dancers and DND Alumni will choreograph and teach each class.
When do the rehearsals take place? Rehearsals will take place on Sundays, beginning September 7, 2014. (exact schedule TBD). The Minis practice from 10:30am-12:30pm, the Juniors from 12:30-2:30pm and the Elite from 10:30am-12:30pm.
Where are the rehearsals held? Rehearsals will be held at Cherry Creek Dance.
Can I stay and watch the rehearsals? Due to limited space in the dance studio, family members are not able to stay in the classroom.
For additional questions, please contact program director Stephanie Prosenjak at firstname.lastname@example.org.